If you have:
- A broken tooth
- Pain in teeth while chewing
- Discoloured teeth
- Intense sensitivity to heat, cold or sweet food/drinks
- Swelling in gums
All of the above are symptoms of tooth infection and if it reaches the nerve, one of the ways to treat it is Root Canal Treatment.
Root canal therapy is a way of removing dead or dying tissue from the tooth. This stops infection and prevents it from spreading further.
Facts about the treatment:
- A root canal therapy is intended to stop the spread of infection while preserving the natural tooth.
- Your tooth and roots are not removed. The canals are cleaned and shaped on the inside only.
- Root canal procedure is not painful
- It may take multiple sittings based on your dentist recommendation